Any player, coach, parent, or fan that gets ejected from a gym by a referee for abusive and/or threatening behavior of any kind, is barred from attending any more games for the league. Our program follows National Federation High School conduct and sportsmanship rules. Our referees are certified patched officials and have total jurisdiction in the gym during games. No profanity will be tolerated. No taunting of other players, coaches, or fans will be tolerated.
** Rules updated as of June 15, 2018**
Teams are required to have distinct numbered jerseys so the referees and players can distinguish between the 2 opposing teams during the game
1. Games will be played with 14 minute stop time halves for all divisions.
2. Half-time will be 2 minutes long.
3. 3 time outs of 45 seconds each, 1 additional 30 second time out per overtime.
4. First overtime will be 2 minutes long, additional overtime periods will be 1 minute long.
5. Bonus: 2 foul shots after the opposing team’s tenth foul each half. There is no one and one bonus.
6. Players will foul out of the game on the fifth personal foul. Technical fouls count as personal fouls.
7. 3 point shots are allowed for all levels where the floor is marked.
8. Both teams must provide volunteers for time keeping and scoring. You must list players’ last names and numbers on our score sheets for each game.
9. With a 25+ point lead in the second half the clock will be running time in the last 7 minutes.
10. For the 4th grade division there is no pressing. For the 5th grade, there is no pressing until the last 2 minutes of each half. If a 5th grade team plays a 4th grade team, play by the 4th grade rules.
11. For the 4th grade through 6th grade divisions pressing will not be allowed with a 10+ point lead. For the 7th & 8th grade division pressing will not be allowed with a 15+ point lead.
12. There is no zone defense or double teaming for the 4th and 5th grade divisions. All defenses are allowed for 6th grade and older divisions. If a 6th grade team plays a 5th grade team, teams must go by 5th grade rules.
13. Boys teams will use a 29.5 ball and girl’s teams will use a 28.5 ball – if 4th grade boys teams want to play with a 28.5 ball, both coaches must agree prior to the game start.
14. Both coaches should report the game scores to the concessions stand or e-mail Jesfn@120Swish.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so the web site can be updated promptly or give result to the on-site gym monitor
15. Coaches are responsible for controlling their team’s bench, parent and fan behavior during games.
16. If a coach or player is ejected from a game they are subject to a minimum one game suspension.
HAVE FUN 🙂